Tuesday, October 26, 2010

High School, now just Merely Memories...

Last night I talked to someone I hadn't talked to in a very long time. We started with small talk but then we began talking about high school and how so much has changed since then.

It got me wondering, what would it be like if I went back to high school tomorrow? What would change? Who would be there with me?

I have a diffcult time adjusting to the fact that life goes on. Even when you are so happy right were you are, you have to hop on the train and continue with your life. Time does not stop for anybody. I have passed this part of my life and I can honestly say I enjoyed every second of it. It truly was the best four years of my life (right now).

As hard as I try what once was, will never be again. High school is just merely memories now. The students, teachers, assignments...

Each person has moved on and are now doing bigger and better things.

As hard as I try it is IMPOSSIBLE to stay in touch with everyone you would like to stay in contact with. Facebook and other social networking sites make this alot easier but still does not make it possible. There are so many people whom I haven't talked to or even seen since June 29, 2009.

Since graduation we have had one death, Rielly. I check her facebook page every now and again and see comments from my fellow classmates. It is very sad her life had to end at such a young age but it also makes me happen to see everyone come together again and mourn with one another.

It is time for me to accept that high school will never be again. I am at the point in my life where I am a strong independent woman who needs to take initative in starting my own life.

Each time I come home and visit with my friends and family I wonder when it will be the last. Every time we gather together one less person is there because he/she are still up at school pursuing thier goals. We then have to begin to rely on the bond we created over all the years in order to stay in touch and be able to stay life long friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment