Monday, August 31, 2009

A New Beginning

So... university is just around the corner. Seven days exactly. I am not really sure what to think at the moment. I'm alittle excited/nervous/sad/scared. So many mixed emotions. I would like to believe that I am ready to leave but I don't think I am. I do not cope well with change and this is alot of change all at once. Yes... in way I guess its good to do it all at once but really it just makes it THAT much harder to deal with. It will be my first time going to university, living on my own, cooking on my own, creating my own rules and staying on top of things. I will not have my mother keeping me on track and making sure I am doing what I need to be doing. I am an adult now. It is so hard to imagine myself as an adult. I CAN make my own decisions. I CAN take on responsiblities. I CAN live in a house without a parent figure. I am an adult.

I need to realize that it is time to move on in my life and that things do change. Time does not stop just because you are not ready. You just need to get up and go with it. I need to know that everything will work out and that I WILL stay in touch with the friends I was meant to stay in touch with. I need to remember that everything happens for a reason, even if you don't know that reason at that exact moment.

As much as I would love to stay in high school, I need to move on with my life and have my head held high. I need to look at the positive side of things. University is just another part of my life, it is a new beginning.

1 comment: